The new 10th edition of ATLS® will deliver considerable changes to the course content, course format, and teaching methods. Students MUST read the textbook prior to attending the course to be successful. The 10th edition will be taught by the Central Ohio Trauma System starting January 2019. The new resource requirements and increased textbook fees require us to increase course fees. Ohio’s ATLS® course fees have not been increased in ten+ years.
Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS®) is the standard of care identified by the American College of Surgeons (ACS) for physicians who intervene with trauma victims at all levels of clinical practice. ATLS® utilizes a systematic, concise methodology for assessment and initial stabilization of the multiple-injured trauma patient. Lectures and Interactive practicum address initial assessment, airway and ventilation, shock, thoracic trauma, abdominal trauma, head trauma, spine and spinal cord trauma, musculoskeletal trauma, burn and cold injuries, trauma of pediatric, geriatric, and obstetric patients, and transfer considerations. ATLS® courses are presented in conjunction with the ACS Ohio Committee on Trauma.
Required supplies for this class: The manual and pre-course memo will be mailed approximately 4 weeks prior to the course. Auditors will receive an e-book link.
Course schedule listed below, click on the registration link to begin registration process.
2-Day Provider Courses - 10th Edition
*Classes reserved for 1st year resident physicians from COTS Member Hospital medical training programs.
1/2-Day Refresher Courses - 10th Edition
1 1/2-Day Instructor Courses**
**Instructor Course limited to students receiving Instructor Potential designation at the Student Provider or Student Refresher course.
- On-line registration is limited for each course.
- Continental breakfast is provided on site. Lunch is provided for both days of the 2-Day Student Course and day two of the Instructor Course only.
- Course textbook, directions, and syllabus will be mailed following paid registration. Auditors will be sent an eBook version of the textbook.
- Fee must be paid in full before course material is mailed to student approximately 30 days prior to course.
- Coupon code must be applied at time of registration. No refunds or cancellations will be provided for failure to use the appropriate code at time of registration.
- Students must complete the on-line pre-test prior to the beginning of class. The ATLS® office will email student candidates pre-test instructions approximately 2 weeks prior to course.
- The American College of Surgeons (ACS) ATLS® Program complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Coupon codes must be applied at time of registration - no refunds or cancellations will be given for failure to provide the appropriate coupon code at time of registration.
- Student substitutions are not permitted.
- Within 30 days of course start date: $100 cancellation fee subtracted from refund. A one-time course transfers will be considered when requested 30 days prior to course start date. $100 change fee charged.
- Within 10 business days of course start date: no refunds or transfers.
- Refunds are not provided to students who fail to show for the course. Refunds are also not provided to students who fail to achieve a passing grade.
- COTS reserves the right to cancel any course in which the number of students enrolled is deemed insufficient or for which an instructor cannot be secured. All tuition paid for such course will be refunded. Students coming from out of state/country should purchase airfare and hotel stays that are refundable as COTS is not responsible for expenses incurred for cancelled courses. The right to set maximum limits on the number of students allowed to enroll in any course is also reserved. Courses are not cancelled due to weather except in EXTREME conditions. Please plan your travel accordingly. Local TV and radio will broadcast cancellations.
For questions or additional information please contact our education department at email@example.com