When a disaster happens near your community, it is not just another night at the trauma center or in the emergency department (ED). The Disaster Management and Emergency Preparedness (DMEPTM) course teaches skills that apply to any kind of mass casualty event and helps organizations be better prepared. This course is open to anyone who may be a first receiver of casualties following a disaster. DMEPTM participants learn both the skills and the practical ways of thinking that will save lives.
Intended Audience: Acute care providers (surgeons, anesthesiologists, emergency medicine physicians, ED, OR, ICU, and trauma nurses, and prehospital professionals), hospital administrators, public health personnel, and emergency managers
- Emphasizes an all-hazards approach
- Planning, triage, incident command, injury patterns and pathophysiology, and consideration for special populations.
- Pitfalls and barriers in disaster planning
- Epidemiology and history of disasters
- 1 day didactic and interactive provider course
- No courses currently scheduled
For more information contact Vickie Graymire.