When a disaster happens near your community, it is not just another night at the trauma center or in the emergency department (ED). The Disaster Management and Emergency Preparedness (DMEPTM) course teaches skills that apply to any kind of mass casualty event and helps organizations be better prepared. This course is open to anyone who may be a first receiver of casualties following a disaster. DMEPTM participants learn both the skills and the practical ways of thinking that will save lives.
Intended Audience: Acute care providers (surgeons, anesthesiologists, emergency medicine physicians, ED, OR, ICU, and trauma nurses, and prehospital professionals), hospital administrators, public health personnel, and emergency managers
- Emphasizes an all-hazards approach
- Planning, triage, incident command, injury patterns and pathophysiology, and consideration for special populations.
- Pitfalls and barriers in disaster planning
- Epidemiology and history of disasters
- 1 day didactic and interactive provider course
*February 4, 2020 course is reserved for SE/SEC ASPR hospitals.
For more information contact Vickie Graymire
- Coupon codes must be applied at time of registration - no refunds or cancellations will be given for failure to provide the appropriate coupon code at time of registration.
- Student substitutions are not permitted.
- Within 30 days of course start date: $100 cancellation fee subtracted from refund. A one-time course transfers will be considered when requested 30 days prior to course start date. $100 change fee charged.
- Within 10 business days of course start date: no refunds or transfers.
- Refunds are not provided to students who fail to show for the course. Refunds are also not provided to students who fail to achieve a passing grade.
- COTS reserves the right to cancel any course in which the number of students enrolled is deemed insufficient or for which an instructor cannot be secured. All tuition paid for such course will be refunded. Students coming from out of state/country should purchase airfare and hotel stays that are refundable as COTS is not responsible for expenses incurred for cancelled courses. The right to set maximum limits on the number of students allowed to enroll in any course is also reserved. Courses are not cancelled due to weather except in EXTREME conditions. Please plan your travel accordingly. Local TV and radio will broadcast cancellations.