Accurate assessment of a child with an acute illness or injury requires special knowledge and skills. ENA’s two-day Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPCTM) is designed to provide the core-level pediatric knowledge and psychomotor skills needed to care for pediatric patients in the emergency setting.
The course presents a systematic assessment model, integrates the associated anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology, and identifies appropriate interventions. ENPCTM is the only pediatric emergency nursing course written by pediatric nurse experts.
ENPCTM uses a variety of instructional formats (online learning, lectures, videos, group discussion and hands-on skill stations) that encourage the participant to integrate psychomotor abilities into a risk-free patient scenario.
Topics include epidemiology, assessment, triage, respiratory emergencies, respiratory failure, shock, pediatric trauma, child maltreatment, neonatal emergencies, medical emergencies, crisis intervention, environmental issues, toxicological issues, ethical and legal issues, and stabilization and transport. Skills stations include airway/ventilation, position/securing, vascular access/medication administration, pediatric multiple trauma, pediatric resuscitation, and triage.
2019 Provider Courses
2019 Instructor Courses
- On-line registration is limited for each course.
- Breakfast and lunch are on your own.
- Course workbook, directions, and syllabus are mailed approximately 30 days prior to class following paid registration. No refunds are given for failure to enter the appropriate coupon code at registration.
- Coupon codes must be applied at time of registration - no refunds or cancellations will be given for failure to provide the appropriate coupon code at time of registration.
- Student substitutions are not permitted.
- Within 30 days of course start date: $100 cancellation fee subtracted from refund. A one-time course transfers will be considered when requested 30 days prior to course start date. $100 change fee charged.
- Within 10 business days of course start date: no refunds or transfers.
- Refunds are not provided to students who fail to show for the course. Refunds are also not provided to students who fail to achieve a passing grade.
- COTS reserves the right to cancel any course in which the number of students enrolled is deemed insufficient or for which an instructor cannot be secured. All tuition paid for such course will be refunded. Students coming from out of state/country should purchase airfare and hotel stays that are refundable as COTS is not responsible for expenses incurred for cancelled courses. The right to set maximum limits on the number of students allowed to enroll in any course is also reserved. Courses are not cancelled due to weather except in EXTREME conditions. Please plan your travel accordingly. Local TV and radio will broadcast cancellations.
For questions or additional information please contact our education department at firstname.lastname@example.org