TNCCTM was developed by the Emergency Nurses Association, TNCCTM encompasses core knowledge and interactive skill sessions to aid the trauma nurse in methodically assessing and intervening for critical trauma victims. TNCCTM serves as the basis for a standardized approach to initial trauma care.
The Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCCTM) consists of lectures, hand-on psychomotor skills, and interactive online learning. Lectures and skills stations are presented by verified TNCCTM instructors and instructor candidates. Interactive online learning reinforces chapter content with case studies and learning activities. The lecture content is organized to provide substantive knowledge for use in the skills stations. Participation in all psychomotor skills is required for successful course completion.
Evaluation of learners includes a written multiple choice test and the Trauma Nursing Process Psychomotor Evaluation Station. To successfully complete the course, the learner must achieve a minimum of 80% on the written examination, actively participate in all skills stations, and demonstrate all critical criteria and a minimum of 70% of all steps in the Trauma Nursing Process Psychomotor Evaluation Station.
Participants receive continuing education credit hours (CECHs) for attending the course. Prehospital providers and other medical professionals may desire and are encouraged to attend TNCCTM but a course completion card may only be achieved by registered nurses.
2019 Provider Courses
*Course is taught by OhioHealth instructors and reserved for COTS member OhioHealth hospital employees. No tuition discounts are permitted for OhioHealth TNCCTM courses.
2019 Instructor Courses
- On-line registration is limited for each course.
- Breakfast and lunch are on your own.
- Course workbook, directions, and syllabus are mailed approximately 30 days prior to class following paid registration. No refunds are given for failure to enter the appropriate coupon code at registration.
- Coupon codes must be applied at time of registration - no refunds or cancellations will be given for failure to provide the appropriate coupon code at time of registration.
- Student substitutions are not permitted.
- Within 30 days of course start date: $100 cancellation fee subtracted from refund. A one-time course transfers will be considered when requested 30 days prior to course start date. $100 change fee charged.
- Within 10 business days of course start date: no refunds or transfers.
- Refunds are not provided to students who fail to show for the course. Refunds are also not provided to students who fail to achieve a passing grade.
- COTS reserves the right to cancel any course in which the number of students enrolled is deemed insufficient or for which an instructor cannot be secured. All tuition paid for such course will be refunded. Students coming from out of state/country should purchase airfare and hotel stays that are refundable as COTS is not responsible for expenses incurred for cancelled courses. The right to set maximum limits on the number of students allowed to enroll in any course is also reserved. Courses are not cancelled due to weather except in EXTREME conditions. Please plan your travel accordingly. Local TV and radio will broadcast cancellations.
For questions or additional information please contact our education department at email@example.com