Trauma is a group of dedicated individuals working together to provide optimal care to trauma patients within Central Ohio. Our partnership includes eight trauma centers verified by the American College of Surgeons (ACS), many acute care hospitals and free-standing emergency departments, one alternate care facility, emergency and disaster medicine experts, and emergency medical services (EMS) to coordinate access and provision of care to the injured.
Central Ohio Trauma System (COTS) trauma care members collaboratively evaluate the delivered care and outcomes using the performance improvement process. We follow the ACS standards, the State of Ohio regulations, and regional policies and guidelines set forth by the COTS Board of Trustees.
What is the value of being a member of the COTS trauma team? Our members improve their trauma and disaster readiness.
Your annual financial investment in COTS trauma division includes:
- Participation in a regional trauma organization
- Participation in trauma relevant Committees
- Individualized trauma data benchmarking
- External trauma data validation service by COTS expertly trained data team
- COTS coordination of trauma education for your trauma care providers (physicians, advanced practice providers, nurses)
- Discounted pricing on trauma nurse courses coordinated by COTS
- Access to the Real-Time Activity Status (RTAS) database for Franklin County and contiguous county hospitals and EMS
- Participation in committee work that drives the development of regional trauma care protocols, guidelines, and tools
- Pre-ACS review consultation services, free or as a fee for services depending on your membership level
- COTS Executive Director will participate in your ACS review dinner to offer regional support
- Collaboration with the Emergency Services Division and Disaster Division to ensure best outcomes for the injured
State Trauma Maps
State Trauma Maps